Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 08

Wow what a year this has been! Our lives changed forever on March 6Th 2008 when our twins arrived without notice after just 26 weeks pregnancy. Born so premature and so tiny I had never been so afraid in my life. Our babies had many trials and tribulations, they mastered breathing, overcame infections, survived surgeries, and fought day and night for survival. We could not wait for the day they would come home, finally after 104 days Evan did come home! Ellie remained in the NICU for an additional 3 months and on day 179 she made her journey home after a very emotional goodbye to the wonderful staff who saved our children's lives. I will forever be grateful to these great people. On many days these folks were not only Doctors and Nursers to our babies but friends, a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen to us and our concerns and most of all our hero's. I think of them everyday especially when we have reached certain milestones I am reminded of them and how we would not have these special moments if it was not for them and their dedication to saving babies everyday just like ours. I don't think I can ever thank the staff enough for our family that we have today. 2008 was also very difficult for our little Emma, she has learned to share her Mommy and Daddy and learned a lot about good hand washing and germs! But she loves her brother and sister and can't wait for them to get a little bigger so she can play with them :) We also can't forget to thank my Mother who has been there unconditionally for every moment of this wild ride, we could not have made it many days without her by our sides. We are ready to begin 2009 in hopes that the year will bring more smiles than tears, we will never forget ever moment of 2008...what a roller coaster ride its been we have learned to laugh at the peaks, hold hands with every twist and turn and know that at every bottom eventually we will reach the top once again! Thank you to everyone who had been their to support us in 08.

2 comments:

The Schommers said...

beautiful post - so happy for your beautiful family!!!

Shannon said...

You really put into words a lot of what I have been feeling! I can't wait until RSV season is over to go visit the NICU. I'm glad it's a few months away...I'm not ready to go back!